Hollow Knight is a 2D action-adventure game with a traditional art style that takes place throughout a huge, linked globe. Discover winding dungeons, old towns, and perilous wastelands; fight tainted animals and make friends with odd bugs; and unravel ancient mysteries at the core of the kingdom.
The world of Hollow Knight is brought to life in rich and dark detail, with its caves teeming with odd and dangerous animals, each of which is animated by hand in a traditional 2D approach. Every new region you explore will surprise you with its strangeness and beauty, and it will be filled with new personalities and creatures. Take in the scenery and venture off the main route to discover new beauties that have been concealed there. Hollow Knight is waiting for you if you enjoy traditional gameplay, characters that are adorable yet spooky, huge adventures, and magnificent gothic environments.
- Action similar to the side scrolling games of yesteryear, but with all the bells and whistles of today.
- Controls in 2D that are well adjusted. You can overcome even the most dangerous foes by dodging, dashing, and slashing your way through them.
- Discover a massive and interconnected world full of abandoned highways, overgrown wilderness, and abandoned cities.
- Create your own way, and good luck! The realm of Hallownest is vast and unrestricted in its accessibility. You are responsible for determining which pathways you follow, which foes you engage, and how you proceed forward.
- Obtain potently useful new talents and capabilities as you level up! Gain strength, agility, and spells as you progress. Leap to new heights on the wings of the ethereal. Charge full speed forward and take the lead. Attack your enemies with your blazing Soul!
- Equip Charms! Relics from antiquity that confer strange new powers and talents on their owners. Choose your favorites and make your experience unique!
- A huge ensemble of adorable and terrifying characters, all brought to life using the time-honored technique of traditional frame-by-frame 2D animation.
- Over 130 opponents! 30 amazing bosses! During your journey across the realm, you will have to contend with dangerous creatures and defeat venerable knights. Your Hunter’s Journal won’t be complete until you’ve added each and every twisted adversary you’ve defeated.
- Utilize the Dream Nail to get access to people’s thoughts. Find out a completely other aspect of the personalities you meet and the adversaries you confront in the game.
- A side-on view of the world is given a novel impression of depth by the presence of exquisitely painted landscapes including elaborate parallax.
- Utilize a comprehensive set of mapping tools to plan your route. You may improve your comprehension of Hollow Knight’s various winding landscapes by purchasing compasses, quills, maps, and pins from the game’s shop.
- Christopher Larkin is responsible for the composition of a music that is eerie and personal, and it follows the player throughout their adventure. The soundtrack captures both the majesty and the melancholy of a civilisation that has been brought to its knees.
- Defeat Hollow Knight to get access to Steel Soul Mode, the game’s most difficult difficulty setting.